Time always seems to speed up as the Holidays approach. I’ve barely wrapped my head around Thanksgiving already arriving and before we know it, it’ll be 2013. Sometimes it helps to take a step back, look around, and just appreciate the daily simple stuff.
That said, I’ve compiled a little assortment of things I’m thankful for in my life (and just things I’m thankful for in the world). I hope it inspires some life appreciation for you, too. Enjoy!
What are you thankful for this year?
1. My constant exposure to live music in this city. Especially this show I saw last Sunday at City Winery. Matt Wertz, you’re great:
And buskers, too. Snapped these guys in front of the Met a few weeks ago.
2. All of the spontaneous nights I’ve added to the memory bank this year.
3. The endless possible outcomes of Art.
4. My job.
5. Good eats. And the extensive list of spots to try in this city that I won’t get through even if I live to be 100.
6. Discovering writing as one of my passions these past few months.
7. Everything I’ve learned from my risky decisions this year…
8. …And the things I’m still working on, because they mean I’m growing.
9. The ability to treat myself to a few guilty pleasures now and then. Expecting these in the mail any day! Also, if you don’t know about this shop yet, go now. Warning: you will want everything.
10. All the awesome people I’ve met this year.
11. Taxis. And all the other NYC conveniences I take for granted.
12. Dinner parties. Can’t wait to host Thanksgiving again this year! Wish me luck on this recipe.
13. The Eurotrip I took in June/July and the memories from it. I’ll have them forever.
14. Christmas lights, of course!