Hello my lovely readers!
I’m so flattered to share that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely London blogger behind Design Mischief. What a neat way to promote the blogs you love! Below you will find some of my faves, too.
– Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
– Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
– Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 1000 followers.
– Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
– Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Here are the 10 questions as asked by Design Mischief:
1. How would you sum up your blog in a single sentence?
It’s say it’s a bottomless bucket where I pour my design daydreams, experiments in fashion, adventures in New York, and the odd thought I’d like to record and share – you know, an eclectic mix of life in this city (get it?).
2. What is your real name/nickname and where in the world are you?
My name is Whitney, my nicknames are endless , and I’m in NYC.
3. Do you have a saying or a personal motto?
“Always give others the benefit of the doubt.”
4. If you had a spare £500 to do with as you please, what would you do with it?
I’d either take a short trip or treat myself to something I couldn’t normally afford.
5. Who is your favourite fashion designer?
This one is tough – my taste really is eclectic. I’ll narrow it to two: Derek Lam and Steven Alan.
6. What is your favourite high street shop?
You can’t go wrong with Zara.
7. What one item will you be purchasing for this Autumn/Fall?
New booties – already got em!
8. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Popcorn. I could live forever off of popcorn.
9. Has anyone ever given you any great advice? If so what is it?
After a tough break up in high school, my mother said to me, “Whitney, I know you’re thinking of all the things you’re going to miss, but that won’t get you anywhere. The only way to get past these things is to focus on the reason you made the decision in the first place (or the reason it happened). Focus on that, and you’ll be OK.” I’ve applied it in a million situations, and it always works.
10. What’s your favourite item in your wardrobe?
It depends on my mood. My go-to items are my super soft Ben Rector concert tee, “Patrick”, my named polar bear sweater, and a pair of black jeans. The items that will forever stay in my closet are a few dresses of my mom’s.
My nominees & questions:
quelle rigolade – fashionista and fun finds
That Girl – featured music and photography
Artsee Fartsee – family and life
ally cat’s meow – little doses of fashion finds
A Life Styled – NYC, London, and the fashion of both
Samandro – beauty and humor
Manhattan with a Twist – NYC finds
Open-Minded Nutrition Interventions – recipes and nutrition
Death to Dieting – humor and health
Amuse Me – fashion photography
1. What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
2. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
3. What makes you laugh the hardest?
4. Why did you start blogging?
5. What’s your favorite thing about where you live (and where do you live)?
6. What one item will you be purchasing for this Autumn/Fall?
7. What’s your favorite style or medium of art?
8. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
9. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
10. What’s the beauty product you can’t live without?